Natural Gas Processing Plants
More delivery , More recovery
In response to the changes in the energy market, GASCO has been keen to play a key role in gas processing using up-to-date technologies seizing a unique opportunity to extract the valuable components from natural gas to meet the growing demand for the following products:
• LPG & condensates for the local market
• Ethane/propane mixture for the petrochemical industry
• Commercial propane for export to international market.
In May 2000, GASCO started its gas processing activity with the completion of its Western Desert Gas Complex (WDGC).
In June 2000, The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) assigned GASCO the management, operation & maintenance of El Amereya LPG recovery plant.
In October 2001, GASCO entered into a global partnership with Eni and BP in the United Gas Derivatives Company (UGDC) to develop a world-scale extraction plant located near Port Said.
GASCO handles its gas-processing activities through the following plants.
Western Desert Gas Complex.
The complex is the first NGL plant in Egypt producing the ethane propane mixture for petrochemical industry and commercial propane. The 220 Million US$ plant started its regular production in the mid of year 2000 in Al-Amerya area at Alexandria. The plant receives & treats 900 MMSCFD of western desert gases from Al-Obayed (Bapetco), Salam . Tarek and El-Qaser (Khalda) fields, to produce the following products in Year 2012:
• 445 MT/Y of Ethane/Propane mixture used as a feed stock for petrochemical industry, (SIDPEC Company) to produce Ethylene in addition to 203 million ton during year 2012
• 486 MT/Y & 83 MT/Y of LPG and condensate for the local market consumption-adding value for national economy by reducing the imported quantities of the same products in addition to 240 MT and 40mt mt during year of 2012
• The total value of sales products quantity from WDGC reached about 3.76 Billion US$ since May 2000 till the end of year 2012.
Amerya LPG Recovery Plant.
The plant treated 297 MMSCFD in Year 2012 of feed gas to extract LPG and condensate. The feed gas sources of this plant are Badr 2&3 (Bapetco), Abu-Sanan, south dabah, petro-alm, (neag & sheba), west setra and septco fields to produce the following :
• 196 MT/Y LPG for local market .
• 11 MT/Y condensate for the refineries.
The plant started its regular production in 1996 and in June 2000, GASCO was assigned for complete supervision of the plant (operation, management, maintenance). .
United Gas Derivatives Co. (UGDC).
GASCO in partnership with international companies Eni and BP, has developed a 408 million US$ world scale extraction plant located near Port Said. The plant treated in year 2012,1417 MMSCFD of feed gases from Port Fouad (Petrobel) and Happi (Pharos) fields to produce the following:
• 250 MT/Y of LPG for local market
• 136 MT/Y of condensates for the refineries
• 309 MT/Y of commercial Propane for export to the international market