The Egyptian Natural Gas Company (GASCO) was established in March 1997 Pursuant to investment law no. 230 of 1989 amended by law no. 8 of 1997.
Statement Of Gasco Chairman and Managing Director
The main shareholder of Gasco is The Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) with direct equity stake of 70%. The remaining 30% equity stake is equally divided between the Petroleum Projects & Technical Consultations Co. (PETROJET) and Egypt Gas.
Gasco Provides the vital link in energy chain between gas producers and gas consumers to achieve:
1. Expansion of the National Gas Grid to cope with the increase in gas supply and demand.
2. Maximizing gas utilization in the different sectors (locally & Export).
3. Upgrading the National Gas Grid and its facilities.
4. Providing the best service for gas producers and gas consumers.
5. Constructing, operating, management and maintaining the gas processing plants to extract gas valuable derivatives.
6. Achieving an accident free workplace, healthy staff while continuing to operate with a responsible environmental focus ( HSE System).
7. Controlling and monitoring the National Gas Grid via the latest SCADA System through the National Advanced Control Centre (NATA).
8. Building a workforce capable of meeting the challenges of the century.
9. Management of all the activities of the company from an economic perspective.
10. Using the latest technology in: communications and data transmission, central control, mapping for the network, periodic and preventive maintenance.