Pipeline Integrity Management Center Of Excellence
Pipeline Integrity Management Centre of Excellence is the first of its kind in the Middle East and the fruit of co-operation between Gasco and GENERAL ELECTRIC -PII, an affiliate of General Electric International. The combined technical strength of GE and operational excellence of GASCO are intended to ensure that customers receive the best in inspection, pigging proficiency and rehabilitation services. (PIMCOE) started its activities in mid-2006 focusing on providing proactive, protective cost- effective services and solutions enabling the centre to share in national and international bids. Services provided depend on using the latest technologies and programs: GIS (Geographical information system) and FFP (fitness for purpose)
Work is conducted by high caliber and well-trained staff (most of whom received specialized training in Britain) who make use of their experience and expertise to perform the following:
• Collecting and collating detailed data and digital images that detect weak spots, corrosion, and other irregularities.
• Preparing lists of materials needed for cleaning pipelines.
• Inspecting pipelines.
• Purging pipelines from impurities and condensates.
• Pigging pipelines with the intelligent pig.
• Studying the results of inspection and identifying the best way for fault repair.
The centre moves from success to success in inspection and rehabilitation works for the national gas grid inside and outside Egypt in addition to pipelines of sister companies in the petroleum sector.
• GIS ( Geographical Information System)
1. Pimcoe has built a large data base by collecting Gasco network pipeline information of about 4000 Km.
2. Precise rout maps. (as built)
• Risk Assessment
1. By using the GIS data and special software Pimcoe has made a pilot study of Risk Assessment to put the inspection priorities plans of Gasco network pipelines.
• In-line Inspection
1. Easy, quick and effective tool of detecting features, the inline inspection is one of the smart business choice adapted by Gasco to achieve efficient pipeline operations and improve planning.
2. A pipeline inspection tool is an intelligent Pig sent down and propelled by the pressure of the product in the pipeline itself to collect data concerning the pipeline and its immediate environment.
3. PIMCOE uses full range of inline inspection tools for the detection of different Pipeline defects. Whatever the pipe diameter, type of service or nature of the damage to be detected, PIMCOE has a tool suitable for carrying out a successful inspection
4. since the mid of year 2006 ( PIMCOE Startup date ) till the end of 1st half of year 2014, the center completed inspection for 3765 Km from the national grid pipelines , The center has also inspected of 1135 Km for sister companies .
In the event that the proving pig indicates a restriction for the inspection pig passage the geometry pig must be used, to measure and record size and location of bore reduction 2.5% and greater. It also indicates the as built details of the P/L such as position of valves, bends, tees and girth welds. The standard anomaly threshold for reporting dents and ovalities is 2% of OD and 5% of OD respectively. Different reporting thresholds are available at the client’s request. The Caliper location \ distance accuracy is ± 1% related to a reference point. (Used in 36'' P.L related to Fajr Company and 10'' P.L related to UGDC company).
Pin Wheel Pig
Corrosion pits in crude-oil pipelines offer a place for intensive internal corrosion to continue. Without specialist cleaning, these pits become packed with debris which prevents any inhibitor from reaching and protecting the system. The corrosion therefore continues unabated. From our long experience with the Pin Wheel Pig, we knew that we were successful in removing scale, corrosion products and iron sulphide from the pipeline. It was apparent to PIMCOE that it was necessary to clean these pits for two reasons. Firstly our Clients were concerned with the possibility of corrosion and wished to be able to treat the pitted regions with inhibitor, and secondly it was important to be able and wished to inspect the pits using Intelligent Pigs for any corrosion already present. (Used in Qarun and PPC Company).
• FFP ( Fitness For Purpose)
Also depending on international codes and concerning the data collection and inspection report Pimcoe prepare study of FFP (Fitness For Purpose) which applied for Gasco network, Town Gas, Fajr (Jordan) , Scott (Syria) and (UGDC) companies through the all inspected features individual to evaluate its fitness for operation conditions and gave the customer recommendations for repair plans, repair methods and inspection interval time.
Pimcoe has experienced engineers in the composite repair for all pipelines diameters as done for Gasco network, Town Gas and Fajr Companies.