Natural Gas Processing Plants
In response to the changes in the energy market, GASCO has been keen to play a key role in gas processing using up-to-date technologies seizing a unique opportunity to extract the valuable components from natural gas to meet the growing demand for the following products:
In May 2000
GASCO started its gas processing activity with the completion of its Western Desert Gas Complex (WDGC).
In June 2000
The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) assigned GASCO the management, operation & maintenance of El Amereya LPG recovery plant.
In October 2001
GASCO entered into a global partnership with Eni and BP in the United Gas Derivatives Company (UGDC) to develop a world-scale extraction plant located near Port Said.
GASCO handles its gas-processing activities through the following plants.
The complex is the first NGL plant in Egypt producing the ethane propane mixture for petrochemical industry and commercial propane. The 220 Million US$ plant started its regular production in the mid of year 2000 in Al-Amerya area at Alexandria. The plant receives & treats 900 MMSCFD of western desert gases from Al-Obayed (Bapetco), Salam . Tarek and El-Qaser (Khalda) fields, to produce the following products in Year 2013 :
- 380 MT/Y of commercial Propane exported to international market in addition to 176 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- 511 MT/Y of Ethane/Propane mixture used as a feed stock for petrochemical industry, (SIDPEC Company) to produce Ethylene in addition to 217 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- 566 MT/Y & 77 MT/Y of LPG and condensate for the local market consumption-adding value for national economy by reducing the imported quantities of the same products in addition to 251 MT and 31 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- The total value of sales products quantity from WDGC reached about 4,7 Billion US$ since May 2000 till the end of 1st half of year 2014 .
The plant treated 295 MMSCFD in Year 2013 of feed gas to extract LPG and condensate. The feed gas sources of this plant are Badr 2&3 (Bapetco), Abu-Sanan, south dabah, petro-alm, (neag & sheba), west setra and septco fields to produce the following :
- 185 MT/Y LPG for local market in addition to 91,15 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- 4,4 MT/Y condensate for the refineries in addition to 1,9 MT during the 1st half of year 2014 .
The plant started its regular production in 1996 and in June 2000, GASCO was assigned for complete supervision of the plant (operation, management, maintenance).
GASCO in partnership with international companies Eni and BP, has developed a 408 million US$ world scale extraction plant located near Port Said. The plant treated in year 2013 , 1304 MMSCFD of feed gases from Port Fouad (Petrobel) and Happi (Pharos) fields to produce the following:
- 215 MT/Y of LPG for local market , in addition to 75 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- 133 MT/Y of condensates for the refineries , in addition to 55 MT during the 1st half of year 2014
- 268 MT/Y of commercial Propane for export to the international market , in addition to 108 MT during the 1st half of year 2014